Do you like to help people? Are you interested in backing up every person when they experience a breakdown situation? Can you give amazing advice to your friends who are really in tough situations?
If the above-mentioned questions are true, then being a counsellor is your thing. This is a new job opportunity that came to India about 10 years ago. But abroad, counsellors really have a lot of demand. In this field, you can bloom. The payment is also decent in this area.
If you are planning to be a counsellor in India, then I will say that you will hardly make 15 to 20,000 per month. But if you are planning to be a counsellor abroad, you will earn more than that. And you also get the perks and facilities.
If you enjoy being the shoulder of your friend in their need, then I think counselling is a very fitting option. We may have felt the need to talk with someone about our problems at some point in our lives. When the issues are sentimental or emotional, they can be short-term or long-term.
We are primarily stuck in such circumstances, so it is preferable to consult a counsellor to overcome our problems. Have you ever considered pursuing a career in the field of counselling? So let’s understand how one can become a counsellor in India.
If you have the above-mentioned quality in you, then I will suggest that you think about a career in counselling.
After a pandemic, people become more and more depressed. They seek love and care, but the majority can’t get it. They felt frustrated at that time. After COVID-19, there were many people who lost their jobs and left with nothing. They felt depressed. Even though some people were really attracted to phones then and felt depressed, they also sought help from counsellors. Actually, the concept of counsellor is very common in the USA and UK, but in India, it has not flourished as much. After the pandemic, counsellors became popular.
Indians are always very secretive about everything, so if their child fights depression, they will keep him home but never visit a counsellor because they think that a counsellor is the doctor of madness. Don’t take me wrong, but the majority of Indians can’t differentiate between psychiatry, psychology, and counselling. They think that all are the same, but the reality is different.
Psychiatrists, psychologists, and counsellors do some similar work, but they are not all the same.
A psychiatrist is a doctor of mental illness.
A psychologist is only doing verbal counselling in cases of abnormalities; they can’t provide medicine.
A counsellor can just do the counselling for a specific topic.
Let’s discuss the definition of “counsellor.”
- Definition of Counsellor.
A counsellor is a professional who will give you advice and listen to your problems at the same time. If you feel low, or you may have felt like talking with someone about your problems at some point in your life, When the issues are sentimental or emotional, they can be short-term or long-term. We are primarily stuck in such circumstances, so it is preferable to consult a counsellor to overcome our problems.
A counsellor can bring you back from your depressed state of mind.
If you suffer from high depression and anxiety attacks or don’t have anybody to share your problem with, if you feel suffocated, then please consult a counsellor. A counsellor is a trained professional who helps resolve personal, emotional, sentimental, psychological, relationship-related, or career-related problems.
First, they build cordial relations with the clients and discover their problems. Then, after a deep understanding of the problem, they help the clients by providing them with the necessary guidance, which allows them to overcome their stress. A counsellor is a professional who loves her life by helping many depressed and suffocated people.
I think you are satisfied with the definition of the counsellor.
I am sure that in India, after the pandemic, many people want to be counsellors.
There are many types of counsellors on the market; you can be any kind of counsellor if you want.
Let’s see the types:
- Health Counsellor: Health counsellors are professionals who will give you proper advice about your health. They will give you some verbal counselling without referring to any kind of medicine or health Counsellors help people overcome and fight their ailments. Most patients with chronic diseases are recommended to consult health counsellors. They guide people by listing ways they can fight long-term ailments. For example, they suggest patients do regular exercise, eat healthy food, sleep regularly, etc.
- Career Counsellors: Career counsellors are the professionals who will guide you on the path of your career. How can you flourish in your future, or which course will be suitable for you? They are helping students with career planning, career decisions, career guidance, and much more. They help the students by providing them with accurate career advice and helping them figure out the best career path. Professional career counsellors assist students and others in better understanding their career ambitions and how to make educated career choices. If you are doubtful about your capabilities, then it is better to consult a career counsellor.
- Mental Health Counsellor: Mental health counsellors are professionals who will guide you verbally if you have some mental disorder or emotional problem. They work with people’s trauma, sadness, anxiety, and depression. They help people deal with unpleasant emotions, including anger, tension, despair, anxiety, hopelessness, and depression. They help patients’ emotional well-being via counselling, talking therapies, and other means.
These are some famous types of counselling.
Now many of you might think about the process by which you can be a counsellor.
How can I be a counsellor?
- After completing 12th grade for graduation with a B.A. or B.S.C. in psychology,
- Do a diploma in career counselling.
- Get your licence as a counsellor.
- Open your own chamber or apply to many companies.
This is the process for becoming a counsellor.