An insurance Agent is a very well-known job title in India as well as abroad. Earlier, people did not see it as a good career option, but now it is really a good opportunity to hold.
An insurance agent is really a good career option for everyone. A housewife, an old man, or a student—anyone can be an insurance agent. You don’t need any special qualifications for this. It is quite a safer and easier job option compared to other jobs. It is actually all about your skills and speaking abilities. So don’t compare it with other 9-to-5 jobs.
Here, you don’t need to maintain any age criteria. The most interesting fact is that insurance companies give training to their agents. They make agents ready for their job. The training facility is important and free. You just have to crack the exam in order to get it.
So, I think you get a brief idea of what an insurance agent does.
Now let’s just discuss its functions and whereabouts.
So, let’s start with a very basic question.
- Who is an insurance agent or life advisor?
An insurance agent is a trained person who works for an insurance company and solicits the company’s insurance programs on behalf of the company from an individual who is interested in making insurance purchases. An insurance agent has to understand the financial condition and needs of an individual to suggest the best insurance policies for him or her.
So, I think you understand what an insurance agent is.
Believe it or not, it is really giving a lot of people their monthly income. Here, you have a lot of exposure and opportunities. If you are able to fulfill your goals.
Now let’s talk about the required skills for this job.
Skills for being an insurance agent
Insurance agents are actually very talented. They have to be very calm, yet ambitious in their job.
- Good knowledge of insurance.
- Polite behavior.
- Full understanding of all policies.
- A good listener.
- A good speaker.
- You have to be able to understand the policies as an individual.
- Ability to understand the needs of the individual.
- Convincing power.
- Be sympathetic.
- Good hold over financial and economic subjects.
- Knowledge of preparing useful documents.
- Mathematic skills.
- Calculation skills.
- They have to be realistic.
- A good study of the market.
- Good analytic power.
- Be presentable.
- Work with ethics.
These are some skills that an insurance agent needs to have.
This is an overview of the skills. Every insurance agent should have the above-mentioned skills.
Now let’s talk about how you can be an insurance agent.
How do I become an insurance agent?
Being an insurance agent is a very tough and difficult process. Though it does not require any special education qualifications, it needs to clear some exams. I know you must be shocked that insurance agents have to pass exams to get the position.
But don’t worry; it is not that difficult. It is comparatively easy to crack. So, I will suggest that you do hard work. If you put in hard work, you will gradually crack the exams and become an insurance agent.
- Steps to Becoming an Insurance Agent
So, in order to be an insurance agent, you have to follow the following steps:
- Make sure you clear the 10th.
- Your age should not be less than 18.
- Sit for the IRDAI exam.
- Crack the in-house IRDAI exam.
- Do training. The training can take 25 to 100 hours.
- If you pass the examination, you will be able to join an insurance company as an insurance agent.
These steps should be followed if you want to be an insurance agent.
Different countries have different ways to choose insurance agents.
In the USA, the process is quite similar, though.
In the USA, if you want to be an insurance agent:
- Decide on the subject of your insurance.
- Decide what products you will sell.
- Go through the state’s license requirements.
- Sit for the insurance exam test.
- Train for 20 to 40 hours.
- Submit your license applications.
- Wait for your background check.
- Verification of your documents.
- Get the chance to join your preferred insurance company as an insurance agent.
- Find clients and sell insurance.
I give you the step-by-step process of becoming an insurance agent in India and the USA.
Now let’s see the job responsibilities of insurance agents.
They have a lot of responsibilities.
Look for a few.
- Sell insurance properly.
- Meet the goals.
- Convincing individuals.
- Giving a lot of time to your client.
- Give a clear idea of insurance policies to the clients.
- Problem-solving attitude.
These are some responsibilities an insurance agent must follow.
So, now you almost know about the work and responsibilities of insurance agents.
Now let’s check out their benefits.
- Benefits of Being an Insurance Agent
Let’s talk about the benefits.
- No age limit. Although some companies set an age limit of 18 to 55, the majority do not have any age limit.
- No specific educational qualification.
- Only a 10th-grade certificate is needed.
- No investment.
- There is no requirement for extra-special skills.
- Stable income.
- Respect and honor
- If you fulfill your duties, you could get gifts.
- Flexible schedule.
- Less stressful.
- An entrance exam is not that tough.
- No boss, no headache.
These are some benefits that you will surely get if you are planning to be an insurance agent.
The insurance agent job field is not that common in India. It is not a government job, so it has less competition. You can try it.
A lot of people try to go into medicine, engineering, or other recognized fields. It is less recognized, but it has a decent monthly payment of 15 to 18 thousand per month.